Re: XFree86 3.3.6-10

Am Son, 24 Sep 2000 18:18:55 schrieb Jordi Mallach:
> On Sun, Sep 24, 2000 at 04:53:43PM +0200, Marcus Brinkmann wrote:
> > I uploaded X packages to alpha.gnu.org. Follow the instructions,
> > and you will soon get a nice and shiny X on the Hurd.
>
> Wow Marcus, this is a very nice Sunday gift :)
> I really want to try these but unfortunately I can't use apt. The machine
> where I have Hurd installed doesn't have a good connection, so I'll have to
> move the packages somehow to test these.

That's not a problem at all. apt is entirely optional It might be a bit
more difficult to work out which packages you need, but I think the
following is a good start:

xfree86-common
xservers-common
xserver-YOURSERVER
xbase-clients
xterm
twm
xfonts-base
xfonts-75dpi
xlib6g

For development:
xlib6g-dev (and xpm4g-dev etc)

Further:
hurd 20000931
rxvt
fvwm

> Once I do that, I'll try to build my X-depending packages and others.

This would be of great help.