Re: boot problems (still)

> Automatic boot in progress...
> Sun Sep 24 08:25:58 CDT 2000
> ext2fs_check_if_mount: Unknown code P 2 while determining whether \
> 	/dev/hd1s1 is mounted.
> /sbin/fsck.ext2: Attempt to read block from filesystem resulted in short \
> 	read while trying to open /dev/hd1s1
> Could this be a zero-length partition?
> Automatic boot failed...help!
> sh-2.04#

Well, you got a shell; are the partitions mounted?  Have you run
native-install?

> Also, if I try "mount -t ext2 /dev/fd0 /floppy", I get a segfault. (/dev/fd0
> exists.)

Is this from gnumach or oskit-mach?  If it is from gnumach, do you have
Marcus's floppy patch (from four or five days ago) applied (it is in
CVS)?

> Networking commands (ping for instance) give "translator failed" (close, I'm
> doing this from notes and memory.

I assume that you settrans'ed it?  Try settrans'ing it with the the active
and passive options so that any errors go to the console immediately.

# settrans -apfg ...

Regards,
-Neal

--