apt problem -> broken ?

Hello,

After installing hurd from Marcus tarball (gnu-20000803.tar.gz). As I figured
out there is a problem with apt. If I try to update the package files with
'apt-get update' following is displayed:

...<fetches the files from the ftp server>...
Updating package file cache ...
E: line 89100 in package file /var/state/apt/lists/ftp.de.debian.org_hurd_main
is too long (2)
Bus error

The dependency line from roxen throws this error so I excluded the main tree
from sources.list but 'Bus error' ist still prompted. Do you have any
hints/solutions?

with best regards,
Oliver