Re: State of ppp

On Wed, 13 Sep 2000, Ramakrishnan M wrote:
> Hello
>       I would like to know the present status of ppp support into the GNU/Hurd
> system. I read the documents at the following links.
>
> http://lyonfyre.net/hurd/
> http://lyonfyre.net/hurd/discussions.html
>
> What exactly does pfinet do? I am coming from the Un*x(monolithic) world and is
> still in the process of reading the docs available in the web. I would like to
> network with those working in this effort of making ppp possible with GNU/Hurd.
>
> --
> Ramakrishnan.M
> "The secret of happiness is not in doing what one likes, but in liking what one
> does"
>

> --

I am also interested in the progress of ppp. The quarter (at school) has now
started for me and this is one of the things that I wanted to work on for my
independent study. I am still familarizing myself with the HURD and Mach, but
I would llike to know where things stand and possibly who is working on ppp.
I suppose the PPP Spec document would also be a good guide in this area?

Dan
Daniel E. Baumann E-mail: baumannd@msoe.edu (preferred)
        baumannd@users.sourceforge.net
        baumannd@penguinpowered.com
        baumannd@obfuscation.penguinpowered.com (caution: dynamic DNS)

Web location: 	http://www.msoe.edu/~baumannd
                http://www.linuxfreak.com/~baumannd

"Life would be so much easier if we could just look at the source code."

      -- Dave Olson