Re: installing debian on hurd with dselect -> broken system

On Tue, Sep 12, 2000 at 09:55:31PM +0200, Oliver Kowalke wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've installed hurd from Marcus tar file.

Chances are that you suffer from some old bug. I urgently need to get a new
tar file done.

Please always update the hurd package first and reboot when using the old
tar file.

> All works (booting ...) till I
> tried to install additional debian packages from ftp.de.debian.org via
> dselect. If I reboot hurd it hangs on mounting the hdd devices (someting
> like bad ...block - sorry I can't remeber the hole message).
                                                ^^^^ eeek! (scnr)
The full message would have been useful.

> So I had to do
> the install again.

Does it work now?