RE: apt-get works with a hack (msync)

> I promise that your version of apt is broken. For example, it
> doesn't have the right architecture set (it will try to download
> i386 packages). See http://bugs.debian.org/39227. Brent was
> reporting some other
> stuff I forgot
> about, and we have to check if it can compile the GUI.

I experienced socket troubles with certain socket options were not
supported under the Hurd.  I know Roland made some updates for this,
so perhaps these problems are just a bad memory now...

Plus, the architecture issue...

Once the msync hack is added, apt will compile but give it a try.
You may see the same problems I did.  Good luck :-)

-Brent