From: Marcus Brinkmann [mailto:Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de]
Sent: Tuesday, July 04, 2000 12:09 AM
To: OKUJI Yoshinori
Cc: Weil, Stefan 3732 EPE-24; debian-hurd@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: gnumach with gcc-2.95.1 or newer

On Tue, Feb 29, 2000 at 01:36:30PM +0900, OKUJI Yoshinori wrote:
>   Although I just glanced your patches, they are basically right, I
> think. If the patched kernel can be built cleanly, they should be
> applied to the CVS.

I am not sure that it is the right thing to remove sys/vararg and replace it
with stdarg, as this seems to be creating a dependency on glibc which could
cause
trouble when bootstrapping the Hurd (gnumach -> hurd-header -> glibc ->
hurd).

Stefan, what was your motivation to replace these calls?

Marcus Brinkmann              GNU    http://www.gnu.org    for public PGP
Key
Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de,     marcus@gnu.org    PGP Key ID
36E7CD09