Installing hurd

Hi All!!

I'm new with hurd and i tryed to install it using the page at Debian and the easy-guide. I downloaded the scripts dpkg-hurd v1.0.3, native-install v2.5 and cross-install v4.4
This are the problems i have to manage:

The "--download" method wont work with the links in the ftp server so i downloaded the .debs by hand.
(I tryed using http method with wget instead ftp)

After running cross-install well, i boot my box on hurd and it ask me for the file: [some]/boot/servers.boot I noticed that a file at the same location have the name /boot/servers.boot.dpkg-new so i "cp" the file with the correct name and it works.

After some hardware checks it hungs with an error message like "boot-start:416 bla bla bla". Reading many mailing list i found that the file "exec" would be in the directory /servers  (that was empty).
The file exec was in /hurd so i "lndir" that directory.
It works fine and i got the propt (taping twice any key).

I inmediatly try to run the native-install script(like the easy-guide says) but every pipe brokes. I try configure the network (using the easy-guide commands) and it tell me that the directory /servers/socket doesnt exist.
Creating it by hand the native-script works and pipes begin working.

The native-install script says that many files are unconfigured because libc0.2 have problems with some directories ( /etc/rc* ).
Again i created that dirs and it works fine.

I try apt-get to make the things easier but i noticed thar it defaults to i386 (not hurd-i386). Touching /etc/apt/sources.list solved the problem, but i cant still use it. :-(
apt reports that a package was missing (sysvinit).

I downloaded it (from Markus contrib at alpha...), installed it, and after boot it hungs with a segfault in runsystem.

any idea?

Ariel.