Why ohh why

Yesterday I had my hurd running nice and easy... today i god new my adsl modem,
I configured linux to run with it - then I was longing for hurd and got this when trying to boot it

   com1: at atbus 1, port = 2f8, spl = 6 pic = 3 (Dos com2)
   kernel page fault at addres oXo, eip = ox11a932
   kernel panic eip = ox11a932

Then i removed the modem but still i doesn't work -)

Why ?????? and what can I do about it
--
Mvh.

Lars Roland. "Musiker, matematiker"

  "Windows is a 32 bit patch, for a 16 bit GUI, written for
  an 8 bit OS, that runs on a 4 bit processor, written by
  a 2 bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition."
  - Chat bot on irc.linux.com when asked to explain "Windows"