cannot autoconf HURD

Hello,

Trying to compile HURD I read in README that I have to run ./configure, but
there was no such file.  Then I tryed `dpkg-buildpackage -b' but while
running autoconf the following error occur:

NONE:0: /usr/bin/m4: Expecting line feed in frozen file

I investigate the problem and it seems that when configure.in is transformed
to configure, a file autoconf.m4f is used and this error is about it.  I run
autoconf under Debian woody with the same configure.in and everything was
fine.  But when starting the resulted configure under HURD it tells that I
my cc is not gcc!

I think the problem is in autoconf package for HURD but I couldn't go
further.  autoconf.m4f seems fine.

--
Ognyan Kulev <ogi@fmi.uni-sofia.bg>, "\"Programmer\""