Re: some questions on Hurd

> The thing about the 'doing' is that the hurd.ps is derived from hurd.dvi whic
> in case is (probably) also derived from - well, from what? I´d not like to
> start from scratch but use the sources to continue with.
> As soon as I know where to get them and whom to submit patches/diffs I´ll be
> off on it.

This page should tell you all you need to know:
http://www.gnu.org/software/hurd/reference-manual.html

> Sorry - misunderstanding: DocBook is for extracting documentation from sources
> or headers. The chance to get someone to document her functions in place is
> much higher than to get him to do it externally.
> Is TeX-info also capable of extracting such info from source-files, btw?

TeX-info is a mark up language, not a program.  Are there programs
capable of extracting info from source files and spitting it out as
TeX-info?  I do not know.

> I have attached the kernel-doc-nano-HOWTO (from kernel 2.4-sources) which
> explains what you can do with it and how. I used this tool while programming
> with kdevelop, which has builtin support for it and I like it.

It sounds like a good system, however, the source does not (at the
moment) follow the required format.  Converting it would just be
tedious.  But, I wish you the best of luck.

-Neal

--
Neal H Walfield
University of Massachusetts at Lowell