Re: Second shot at PAM

On Sun, Oct 29, 2000 at 03:02:15PM +0100, Marcus Brinkmann wrote:
> All patches are aimed at upstream. Debian only patches are bad, we want to
> distribute software, not fork it.

I thought so, in any case, using __GNU__ is definitely not the Right
Thing (unless you really can't do it otherwise).

> [...]
>
> Anyway, if an author doesn't bother about POSIX, but adds __GNU__ patches to
> support the Hurd system, there is something seriously wrong.

Thanks for summing this up very well, you said just about what I was
going to say :)

Now if only VMWare's virtual partition didn't get corrupted half the
time in GNU, or if I could get plex86 to work, or another machine, I
could be sending patches here myself.

Marcus, I saw on the plex86 list that you tried to get gnumach/hurd
booting at some point. How far have you gotten with this?

--
Stefanus Du Toit
sjdutoit at uwaterloo dot ca                 http://3.141593.org/