Re: ssh success

On Tue, Oct 24, 2000 at 07:05:04PM -0500, Neal H Walfield wrote:
> > > openssh itself needed several kludges: I replaced MAXHOSTNAME in a
> > > couple of files with a "enough for everyone" value. Evil, but at the
> > > time I lacked the docs to do it right.
> >
> > Well, this needs to be fixed with realloc() and a loop.
>
> How about alloca and asprintf?

Well, alloca takes the memory from the stack frame. When this is okay I
don't know. I don't know how huge the stack is on various architectures,
and if this imposes a serious limit.

asprintf is not defined by any standard I know of (read: POSIX), so it
imposes compatibility issues across unices. BSD and glibc have it.

Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de
http://www.marcus-brinkmann.de