starting X -- problems

	Using Marcus's instructions, I have been working to get X running on my hurd box.  After some careful work, I think have everything configured and running.  However, I have hit a snag.  When I type "startx", I get a complaint that the Hurd can't open or find libXmu.so.6, but when I do a locate on that file, it shows up:
It appears that it is a symlink to libXmu.so.6.0

The file is owned by root and shows the following permissions:

Does anybody have any ideas as to where my problem may reside?  BTW, I get a similar problem when if I type XF86Setup.  It complains about not finding libXaw.so.6 which I find also.

Any help would be appreciated.

Bryan Walton