mach's eatadma driver hangs on my box

FYI:

A gnumach kernel built with --enable-eatadma (turned on in debian/rules
per default) will invariably hang the boot process on my machine.
Removing all cards short of the graphic card (Voodoo3) did not help.
Disabling the driver worked.

The motherboard is an FIC SD11 w/Athlon.

You may consider disabling the driver per default.

BTW, is there a way to build the gnumach package under linux? Since
the canned kernel did not work, I had to put the hurd on another
machine first just to compile mach.

--
Robbe