is apt working?

Hi

I made a fresh install now, this time with apt in $optlist of
cross-install, for it to be available from the start.

Everything went smooth this time, except for the known
/dev/fd/5: ALL:: error from tcpd (is it harmful?).

But apt doesn't work. (How do you hurd ppl install packages?).

My sources list:

deb ftp://ftp.fr.debian.org/debian unstable main
deb ftp://ftp.fr.debian.org/debian-non-US unstable/non-US main

First I wanted to run apt-get update over http (same server),
but then I get some bogus 'Socket Expection' (yes, it reads
Expection, not Exception) error.

Changing the URLs to ftp:// get's the downloads going, but know
apt-get terminates with a 'Bus error' when it tries to build
it's dependency tree.

I notice that the apt in sid is ancient (0.1.9, woody has
0.3.19), but that has it's reasons I suppose.

ciao, 2ri
--
"I'm not going to ride on a magic carpet! I'm afraid of grounds!"
"You mean heights, and stop being silly!"