Subject: Re: modems should work now (who was going to work on ppp?)
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2000 17:31:06 -0500
From: Daniel E. Baumann <baumannd@msoe.edu>

On Fri, 29 Sep 2000, you wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just fixed a relevant bug in gnumach:
>
> 2000-09-29  Marcus Brinkmann  <marcus@gnu.org>
>
>         * i386/i386at/conf.c (dev_name_list): Don't use MACH_COM to check
>         if com support is enabled, but NCOM, as it used to be.
>
> Com support was added in gnumach by default, but did not get an entry in the
> device list, so comX devices couldn't be opened. Bad.
>
> Now it works. I was able to talk to my modem with minicom (I think I needed
> to disable m_flush, but I am not sure about my hack. So if minicom doesn't
> work for you, ...), and dial out.
>
> cd /dev
> ./MAKEDEV com1
>
> So, who was going to work on PPP?
>
> Thanks,
> Marcus
>
> --
> `Rhubarb is no Egyptian god.' Debian http://www.debian.org Check Key server
> Marcus Brinkmann              GNU    http://www.gnu.org    for public PGP Key
> Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de,     marcus@gnu.org    PGP Key ID 36E7CD09
> http://homepage.ruhr-uni-bochum.de/Marcus.Brinkmann/       brinkmd@debian.org

I am plannig on working on it. I have a question: why did the patch for pfinet
that allowed it to have multiple interfaces not make it into CVS?

Dan
Daniel E. Baumann
E-mail: baumannd@msoe.edu (preferred)
        baumannd@users.sourceforge.net
        baumannd@penguinpowered.com
        baumannd@obfuscation.penguinpowered.com (caution: dynamic DNS)

Web location: 	http://www.msoe.edu/~baumannd
                http://www.linuxfreak.com/~baumannd

"Life would be so much easier if we could just look at the source code."

      -- Dave Olson