Re: New Install

Sorry to followup on my own post, but....

On Sun, Sep 17, 2000 at 05:11:51PM -0700, Steve Bowman wrote:
> Any other ideas, comments, questions?  I think it's time to move on
> to trying gnumach with a newer via-rhine driver (if it'll compile).

Did a quick go at compiling gnumach.  Built with no problems using
the existing via-rhine.c using only: --enable-floppy --enable-ide
--enable-viarhine .  But it still doesn't work so it looks like it's not a
driver conflict.

Tried again with a via-rhine.c from linux-2.4.0-test1.  Doesn't compile -
I've updated 16 headers from the linux source tree so far and I've only
pushed the first error down about a quarter of the way through the file.
(Plus I see I updated linux/dev/include/linux/malloc.h which, later
after looking at the difference between the dev and src trees, looks
like I shouldn't have.)  Besides, make isn't rebuilding all the other
files that it should so who knows what's gonna break when I try a clean
compile from scratch.  This is no drop-in replacement.

> This'll probably have to wait until next weekend or so.  I've spent
> another day on this when I should be doing other stuff :) (but it's fun!
> I love this debugging stuff...)

And that was hours ago, I really need to do some non-computer stuff... :)

--
Steve Bowman  <sbowman@frostwork.net> (preferred)
Buckeye, AZ   <sbowman@goodnet.com> <bowmanc@acm.org>