Re: IPv6?

> >       is IPv6 completed for Hurd? is it in progress?
>
> Nope and nope.  It should be straightforward to add it, however.  The
> pfinet server is written using the Linux 2.2.x ipv4 stack, and it would not
> be hard to incorporate the Linux ipv6 stack as well.  Some glue would be
> required to have the server handle both PF_INET and PF_INET6.

But should both protocols be implemented in the same server?
It is my understanding that sockets belonging to different families are
created with the help of translators hooked on /servers/sock/<PF_FAMILY>
where PF_FAMILY is the number representing a particular socket domain
like INET, LOCAL, IPX, INET6, etc. So shouldn't there be a separate
pfinet6 server?

Igor