Re: Problems installing hurd on i386

hi,

    Philip> Prabhu, I lost a day tangled up in Linux, Grub and HURD
    Philip> partition names.  Could this be your problem?

	Well, I think not.  On linux, the partition I have for Hurd is
/dev/hda12.

$ df -h /gnu
/dev/hda12            988M   42M  896M   4% /gnu
$

And this is how I got grub to start the boot process.

root=(hd0,11)
kernel=/boot/gnumach.gz root=hd0s12 -s
module=/boot/serverboot.gz
boot

So AFAIK, all of this is correct and all of the /boot files were tab
completed, which means grub saw them.

Could it be the size of the partition?

Can you tell me what happens after the scsi initialization (i.e after
the scsi detected 0 hosts total or somesuch)?

thanks.
prabhu