Re: Problems installing hurd on i386

On Fri, Sep 01, 2000 at 02:50:30AM +0530, Prabhu Ramachandran wrote:
> hi,
>
> 	I have a PIII 450 and I run Debian 2.2.  I just tried
> installing the Hurd. I followed the installation instuctions as per
> the Easy Guide.  I did the cross install.  I use grub as my boot
> loader and used its command line to boot.  The boot process stops
> after something like
>
> scsi detected 0 total. (or something like that)
>
> I dont have any scsi devices.  I have an 8GB IDE disk (seagate).  I
> have a couple of CD drives both ide.  All the ide devices were
> detected fine.  I also have 64MB RAM, sblive, TNT2 video card, PS2
> mouse, ne2000 (old card with a BNC cable).  I dont know if there is
> any IRQ sharing.  How does one find out?

Hi sounds like you need to create the filesystem with either no features
or sparse super blocks (see the -O switch to mke2fs).

-Neal

> thanks,
>
> prabhu

Neal H Walfield                                            neal@walfield.org
University of Massachusetts at Lowell                    nwalfiel@cs.uml.edu
Fax: 603-415-3645                                        Phone: 978 531 6587
Love is the triumph of imagination over intelligence.
                -- H. L. Mencken