RE: include files

> i tried to compile something today on my Debian GNU/Hurd box
> and found that
> i had all of about 3 files in my /usr/include.  not good :)
>
> i've installed the libc 2.1.3 .deb, which i thought would
> have the include files with it, but i guess not.  so is
> there a .deb with the standard includes in it?  or are all
> glibc include packages created equal, and i can just copy
> over /usr/include from my Linux box?

Better not -- there may be some differences.

You want the "libc-2.1.3-devel" .deb -- it contains any
static libraries, header files, and other developer-related
stuff.

In Debian, things needed to __use__ programs are called
"blah-(rev)", while things needed by developers are
called "blah-dev-(rev)".

Thanks,

-Brent