Zeroth Debian Conference : the HURD

Hello Neal, Hello Juergen, Hi all !

For the one who haven't yet been bothered by my messages : I am the main
coordinator of the Zeroth Debian Conference, that will be held in
Bordeaux, from 5th to 9th of July 2000.

I have (finally !) taken the time to browse the archives of the list,
and found a couple of messages discussing about the conference.

One thing must be clear : the HURD developers, as far as I know, are not
very numerous ; I know that Neal and Juergen will be here. But there are
other things that I know :

- that the HURD is a priority ;
- that RMS will be there and will probably talk about it ;
- and that there are numerous people, not developers yet, but who come
  specifically for this subject : the HURD.

Juergen is right : the main goal is to allow people to get in touch with
others (other developers, other projects, etc...) ; and there is no need
to be scared, Juergen : that's Debian, that's Free Software, so this won't be
"too organized" ;) But just in order to allow non-developers_yet to
identify the ones they want to discuss with, we need a kind of
presentation of the Debian work about the HURD, so that people can say :
"I want to go there, because they discuss about the subject I want
informations about".

My role is only to provide opportunities and facilities : not to define
in details the program : that's up to you ! (but as I'm one of the
people wanting more informations about the HURD, I will make
some efforts in order to satisfy my personal curiosity...).

For problems or questions, don't hesitate to get in touch with me.

Cheers,
--
Thierry LARONDE <thierry.laronde@polynum.com>
10, rue du Bel Air, 74000 ANNECY / Tel.-Fax : 33.(0)4.50.67.46.61