Re: shadowfs

Tomasz Wegrzanowski <maniek@beer.com> writes:

> Why to fork shadowfs ?
> Why not operating it as single thread or 1 thr/per call ?

I didn't mean it should fork per directory.  I only meant that
nested directories should be merged in the same way as the
top-level directory.

> Ehm, is there any need for *entering* directories ?
> I thought there is no such thing anywhere but in UI.

Each process has a current directory and a root directory, and in
the Hurd those are handled in much the same way as open files.
The shadowfs must be able to list the contents of such an open
directory and look up files in it.

>     ( autonmounter reacts for ls, so it doesn't need any
>       special support for enter_directory )

Are you talking about the Hurd or something else?