Re: Major GNU/Hurd using report

On Thu, 04 May 2000 17:30:51 Tomasz Wegrzanowski wrote:
> > > 4)
> > > Is there any fatfs translator ?
> >
> > I am currently writing one!
>
> I volunteer to test it.

Great. I hope to release it tonight. I got it working for FAT12 so far,
and if I didn't
do a stupid mistake, it should work on any other format as well.

> 5)
> `which' and `type' don't work correctly
> They shows all commands to be /usr/bin/*,
> what is wrong, althru will work.

I don't know how these work, but probably by PATH and /usr/bin is before
/bin in your
path. I am not sure this can be considered as a bug. Should they display
realpath instead?
I don't think so. After all, the name is where it gets the binary from,
and if it looks
in /usr/bin before /bin, it will find everything there.

> 6)
> fsck says my Hurd partition is 10.2% non-contiguous
> It is 43% full, 920 MB total

I don't know about this.