Re: patch to fix io-seek on readonly stores

On Wed, Apr 26, 2000 at 07:54:33PM -0400, Olivier Galibert wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 26, 2000 at 11:26:37PM +0200, Marcus Brinkmann wrote:
> > Anyway, here is a patch.
>
> Well, I'm not (yet) a hurd hacker[1], but this patch strikes me as
> fundamentally wrong (even if it fixes the problem for now).

I agree with your evaluation. However, as I am not an hurd expert myself,
I try to minimize the effect of my changes, and leave the rest to the
authors.

What I should have done is probably add a comment to the code,
maybe even to the macro definition, so future changes take io-seek
into account. (A change from last oct by Thomas lead to this particular
bug).