Re: fs questions
- To: hurd <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: fs questions
- From: Norbert Nemec <email@example.com>
- Date: Sat, 1 Apr 2000 17:25:48 +0200
- Message-id: <20000401172548.B4696@DeepThought.>
- Mail-followup-to: hurd <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: Norbert Nemec <email@example.com>
- In-reply-to: <20000331132803.B9006@walfield.org>
- References: <20000331150716.A4921@zebra.ie> <20000331105910.A9006@walfield.org> <20000331200856.A5283@zebra.ie> <20000331132803.B9006@walfield.org>
> > > shadowfs is not yet implemented. Currently, /usr is a link to the current
> > Not for any single OS?
> The only implementation that I know of is in Thomas's head ;).
> (none that I know of).
> Not that I know of.
I remember seeing something for Linux on sunsite.unc.edu. It was very old
0.1 version, though. Don't think anything came from it. Seemed to me like
they had to struggle a lot with inodes, where they did not find a clean
solution. Guess with hurd's translator concept that would not be a problem
(Do files have to have inodes in hurd? Or is the path enough to identify
them within a translator?)
-- JESUS CHRIST IS LORD!
-- To Him, even that machine here has to obey...
-- _________________________________Norbert "Nobbi" Nemec
-- Hindenburgstr. 44 ... D-91054 Erlangen ... Germany
-- eMail: <firstname.lastname@example.org> Tel: +49-(0)-9131-204180