MOM (again)

I looked through the HURD refman, and found a short notice on libmom.
This of course intrigued me, so I looked through the sources to see
what this actually was.  I must say I was a bit disappointed when I
grepped thorugh the sources and only found `mom_' references within
the libmom subdirectory.

So, I searched through the mailing list archives to see what the story
was.  Latest entry I found on MOM was dated last March (I think), and
I basically learned that the whole MOM thing was more or less dead.
Is this still the state of things?  I know that some HURD developers
are not to happy with the whole Mach business, and I therefore find it
strange that no more effort has been put into this.

FYI, I happened to look into this when trying to figure out how well
the HURD fitted with the L4 API (you know, there aren't that many
multiserver OSes out there).  There is currently joint work between
IBM and others (Uni Karlsruhe, TU Dresden, UNSW) to develop a
mulitserver Linux:

   <URL:http://www.research.ibm.com/sawmill/>,

but this is not exactly HURD-like, and not yet in a usable state.

	eSk