Re: Postgres

   Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2000 14:46:35 +0100 (CET)
   From: Jens Sander <sander@innominate.de>

   On Wed, 2 Feb 2000, Brent Fulgham wrote:

   > > failed: Operation not supported

   > Hmmm.
   >
   > I was having similar problems with getsockopt/setsockopt
   > related to Debian's Apt program.  At the time, these were
   > truly not supported, but since then Roland has updated the
   > libraries to support setsockopt.
   >
   > Are you using the current glibc packages from sid?

   Yo, if you mean

   base/libc0.2_2.1.2-10.deb            and
   devel/libc0.2-dev_2.1.2-10.deb

The relevant fix however, was to the pfinet server, which is part of
the hurd package.  The relevant ChangeLog entry is:

   1999-10-22  Roland McGrath  <roland@baalperazim.frob.com>

	   * socket-ops.c (S_socket_getopt): Implement the call.
	   All options supported by the code in linux-inet are in
	   fact of type int, so we can support just that one size.
	   (This is still a bogus untyped interface!)

So you need a hurd package dated well beyond that.

Mark