Re: libps

On Tue, Jan 25, 2000 at 12:37:20AM -0500, Roland McGrath wrote:
> No, there isn't one.  The proc server only returns you the owner uid (which
> is usually the same as the first effective uid).  I suppose it could have a
> call to return full id sets for each process.  Can you get this information
> from ps is Unix?

One can get the gid via ps -G gid under Linux, DEC and Solaris:

>From the dec ps man page:

  -G glist
        Writes information for processes whose real group ID numbers or names
        are given in glist.  The glist is a list of process-group identifiers
        enclosed in " " (double quotes) and separated from one another by a
        comma or one or more spaces (or tabs), or both.  Because of the way the
        shell treats spaces and tabs, you need to quote space-separated lists.

I can't find a switch under FreeBSD.

That is all of the systems that I have access to.

-Neal

Neal Walfield                                              neal@walfield.org
UMass Lowell - Fox 1512                                  Phone: 978-934-5347
                                                           Fax: 603-415-3645
Love is the triumph of imagination over intelligence.
                -- H. L. Mencken