Re: native-install problems

> > Setting up libc0.2 (2.1.2-0pre12) ...
> > Running `tzconfig\` to set this system's timezone.
> > (default pager): dropping data_request because of previous paging
> > errors

You should have seen some other "(default pager): ..." messages at some
point before this, hopefully.  Anyway, this is likely an indication of
running out of memory when you don't have any swap.  I'm not sure what
native-install does, but setting swap in servers.boot or doing a swapon
command (which will need the right device made in /dev) early on ought to
fix this.