Re: Hurd on UFS

We certainly believe ufs to work fine, but the majority of people have been
using ext2fs for a while and so that is what has received most attention.

Also, a couple of months ago I updated the ext2fs server to handle newer
Linux ext2fs filesystem format features, and have made various other
cleanups and changes; we believe that some of these changes are to blame
for the filesystem corruption problems, since they were not seen before
this time.

Contrarily, the ufs server's filesystem format support code has not changed
at all in a long time.  That probably means it is quite stable.  On the
other hand, there may well be new ufs format features that are used by
current BSD versions that we are not compatible with.  I don't know the
specific details about ufs format compatibility issues that might have
changed since the time our ufs code was written.