FW: Hurd Documentation

-----Original Message-----
From: Brent Fulgham
Sent: Monday, October 25, 1999 9:28 AM
To: debian-hurd@lists.debian.org
Subject: RE: Hurd Documentation

> My name is Umut Gokbayrak and I am a system administrator of
> a GNU/Linux based local ISP in Turkey.  Besides I have my own company
> which is mainly working on webhosting and complete company network
solutions
> which also has a GNU/Linux based network.

Welcome aboard, Umut!

> What I can do for GNU/Hurd... I am not a very good programmer
> and probably can not hack kernel code but I think you will also need
> someone to do some documentation. I really want to help the development of
the
> GNU/Hurd OS and willing to do something.

People of all levels are needed.  Comments on features and usability are
essential for our effort.  Also, it is a great benefit to have people
attempt to install the Hurd and let us know their experiences.  Day-to-day
use and problem reports are very important, too.

Have you installed the Hurd yet?  It would be helpful for someone to
run one in a real network environment over long periods to see what
kind of stability problems you observe.  It wouldn't have to be doing
much, but if it was on the network and perhaps set up to receive mail
every so often to simulate a user's machine...

-Brent