Re: grub version for potato freeze

On Fri, Oct 15, 1999 at 11:56:17AM +0200, Marcus Brinkmann wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 15, 1999 at 01:41:17PM +0900, OKUJI Yoshinori wrote:
> >
> >   When will potato be freezed?
>
> In 16 days. Should be plenty, but please do not miss this date, or Debian
> 2.2 users will use 0.5.92 for one year or so.
>
> You can upload bug fixes to 0.5.93 still until we really release potato.
Since time's running, I hope you already did notice that the
documentation in either the source form alpha and the potato binary
package is pretty much srewed up. I dit a dpkg-buildpackage of grub from
source (0.5.92 form alpha) and found that the info files aren't being
compressed. The info database isn't updated, too. Maybe this is related
to my system which is mainly slink with glibc update. As a matter of
fact the potato binary I installed on a potato system came with no info
files at all, which is rather bad to get you started.

Also a minor problem is the README.debian pointing to the wrong
directory of the binary, which reside in
/usr/share/grub/($arch) instead of /usr/lib/grub/($arch) as stated in
the readme.

I think grub is a really great bootloader, but documentation is _really_
importent, so better get this fixed...

Best regards

Matthias
--
created at Sat Oct 16 01:20:42 CEST 1999
|SnailMail: Matthias Berse/Bachstr. 28/44625 Herne|

They can't stop us... we're on a mission from God!
		-- The Blues Brothers