Re: Splitting hurd package

> Are  there  any ideas of splitting hurd package into individual pieces
> like ext2fs, storeio and so on ?

It could be done, but I'm not really sure what the benefit would be.
It is akin to splitting the linux kernel or kernel-modules package
into a separate package for each module.

I have in the past thought it might be useful to split into "base",
"extra", and "net" packages or something, more split up than that just
seems pointless.  But then, nobody seems to bother splitting linux kernel
modules they don't need out of the kernel-modules package.