Re: Latest ext2fs Failure

*sigh*  I might as well chime in with my experiences.

Got hurd_19991004.  Ran mke2fs on all relevant partitions, using -o
hurd for the root.  Installed according to the Easy Guide.  Did

    mkdir /jtobey
    settrans /jtobey /hurd/ext2fs /dev/hd0s6
    chown jtobey /jtobey

Now as user jtobey I get:

    $ cd /jtobey
    cd: could not get current directory: getcwd: cannot access parent directories: Translator died

But root and another non-root user can cd with no problem.  This does
not appear to be related to ownership or the name of /jtobey; it also
affects /install which is another ext2fs partition owned by root.
However, jtobey *can* cd into /linux, which has the --readonly option
and is on a primary partition.

The only things I can think of are jtobey's uid (500, below the normal
user range) and the fact that my home dir is nfs-mounted.  I can list
and modify the directory, I just can't cd into it from the shell.

-John