Re: File System Errors (Additional Data)

On Mon, Sep 27, 1999 at 10:13:21AM -0700, Brent Fulgham wrote:

> "ext2fs:  Warning:  bad directory entry: XX inode: YY offset: ZZ"

Argh, I just realize that i saw this, too!

It was a few days ago, when I extracted a hurd package under Linux with
dpkg-cross. Booting resulted in a hung system, because serverboot could not
access /hurd/ext2fs.static. efsck under Linux did NOT report anything.
Linux could access the directory just fine.

The XX was 119, the inode did NOT exist when asking debugfs.

So I think there is indeed a problem here.

Using an older ext2fs server, I even got assertion failed in get_directs,
where bufsize is 0 and it checks if enough memory was preallocated.

I still have a complete dump of my partition at this stage, I could try to
delete everything unrelated, fill the free space with 0 and compress it and
put it online for debugging.

ulysses:~# ll /cdrecord/hdc6.fs
-rw-r--r--   1 root     root     1048674304 Sep 24 17:33 /cdrecord/hdc6.fs

`Rhubarb is no Egyptian god.' Debian http://www.debian.org  Check Key server
Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de                        PGP Key ID 36E7CD09
http://homepage.ruhr-uni-bochum.de/Marcus.Brinkmann/