Installing Debian-Hurd from a redhat machine ?

 Hi..

    I tried to install Debian Hurd a few months ago, on a free partition on
my Redhat Linux box. However, it didn't quite work, as all the install
tools are still very debian centric (i tried install apt etc. - to no
avail).

 I'd like to try again. Is it possible to install it without a preinstalled
Debian Linux machine ? As in, are there boot floppies or bootable ISO9660
images ? Has the hurd gotten as far as to support SMP ?

Kate

--
Microsoft. The best reason in the world to drink beer.