Re: Request for help - my computer 'bought the farm'

>   I actually tried this a few times but the swapon command didn't do anything
> obvious.  Eg.. 'swapon /dev/hd0s6' just sat there until I interrupted it with
> control-C.  Adding hd0s6 as the default pager works.

Make sure the translator is working right, with "ls -l /dev/hd0s6" or try a
dd or something.  If you have a current /boot/serverboot (the program that
includes the default pager), it ought to print out a message about adding
the paging partition (the same message you get at boot if you specified
paging files in /boot/servers.boot).