Question about FILE * structures in the Hurd

  Hello,

  I'm trying to compile guile-core in the Hurd.  It seems to need to know how
to directly check whether input is available on a FILE *; this is accomplished
via a configure check (some systems have a __cnt structure, others use
ReadCount, etc -- GNU/Linux uses _IO_read_ptr)  The configure check fails on
the Hurd, which surprised me since it's really a libc feature and the Hurd uses
the same libc as Linux; after a little digging around I discovered that
_IO_read_ptr is defined in libio.h, which for some reason doesn't appear to be
present in the Hurd version of glibc.  Any idea where I can find the Hurd
version of this? (The configure script notes that Tk uses this feature as well,
and a Hurd version of Tk has shown up on ftp.debian.org so I suspect that
someone has solved this problem :-) but I can't seem to find the source
diffs for the Hurd packages so I can't see what was done to fix Tk.. )

  Daniel

--
I haven't lost my mind, I know exactly where I left it.