Ext2fs bug going updating debian package

After I updated from hurd_19990425-1.deb to hurd_19990517fixed.deb, I
wound up with the following problem immediately after it initialized the
swap partition:

ext2fs: hd0s4: panic: main: superblock won't fit on the device!

Reverting to 0425 works fine.  I then compiled it myself, and had the
same problem (With a checkout from anoncvs today)

The disk also mounts just fine under linux (This being the way that I
resuscitated it).

I looked through the ChangeLog's but I don't know enough about file
systems to even make a guess as the which of the recent changes might
have affected it.  What information would you need to help?

Tks,
Jeff Bailey

--
I'm not a vegetarian because I love animals, I'm a vegetarian
because I hate plants.