Re: Hurd installation

On Sun, May 16, 1999 at 12:29:41PM -0500, Ashutosh S. Rajekar wrote:
> Hello Marcus,
>
> >> [dpkg-hurd problems] ...
> >>

> 	'dpkg-hurd' still gives problems, and also says "Warning, I
> couldn't find perl !", and quits, even though I have downloaded the perl
> package as you had advised.

Okay, first tell me that you are trying this on a Debian system, or that you
have at least dpkg installed in usr/local somewhere. You need dpkg to run
dpkg-hurd.

Then, a file named perl_*.deb (the perl package of course) needs to be
either in the same directory as cross-install or in the subdirectory
interpreters/.

Then, please tell me what version numbers you have (dpkg-hurd,
cross-install).

Last but not least, you can try to change the dpkg-hurd invocation in
cross-install with "sh -x dpkg-hurd" so we get to see what the problem is.