Re: Where's Grub?

> Most people would not debug the software anyway. Under Linux, an strace is
> often all you need.

If we had an rpctrace program, that would probably be all people often
needed too.

> But wouldn't I need another terminal to attach a debugger from the parent
> Hurd? How do I observer the sub Hurd while it is running? I only havea
> single terminal, no network but PPP. Virtual Consoles could help :)

There are a couple of things you can do.  Even without an actual network,
you can do "telnet localhost" to get another shell on a pty, and run boot
from there.  Also, a while ago I added the --isig option to boot; with
that, boot leaves the terminal in ISIG mode so you can use ^C or ^Z et al
to suspend boot.  (Use ^V ^C to get a ^C through to the subhurd console.)
You should probably bg boot after suspending it so that the subhurd's
attempt to access devices and such that goes through boot won't wedge.