Re: boot floppies [was: an important task]

From: Gordon Matzigkeit <gord@trick.fig.org>
Subject: boot floppies [was: an important task]
Date: 29 Apr 1999 11:15:26 -0600

> If somebody wants to do it, they will need a solid understanding of
> GRUB, and have to be prepared to hack on it to make the installation
> process work nicely.  OKUJI has many plans for how to do this
> properly, and I have a few ideas as well.

  What do you think is lacking in GRUB for the installation? I was
talking with a volunteer of Debian JP about GRUB a little while ago,
but that is not clear to me. At least it's needed to guess the
relation between BIOS devices and OS devices, like LILO.

OKUJI Yoshinori  <okuji@kuicr.kyoto-u.ac.jp>           ^o-o^
http://duff.kuicr.kyoto-u.ac.jp/~okuji (in English)     m /