Re: site for Hurd

On Tue, Apr 20, 1999 at 04:38:42PM +0200, Ladislav Kostal wrote:
> Is it possible to put *ALL* stuff necessary for running Hurd in one place?
> I wanted to download from ftp.debian.org and there is so many simlinks in
> directory bin-hurd... - it is not very practical to download files from
> different places (e.g. alpha.gnu.org seems to be down).
>
> Is it possible to do something with that?

Probably not, and I doubt it is a good idea. ftp.debian.org does contain the
"stable" packages. alpha.gnu.org does contain test releases and critical
stuff. It is not good to mix both, although everyone should have a look at
it to see if he can make use of some files.

The symlinks in the hurd tree are architecture-all packages. Some you need,
some you must not used. We are working on a general solution to this problem.

I will try to document the various places in one place, which seems to be a
good compromise :)