Re: Reporting bugs [was: Tagged paging area?]

On Fri, Feb 26, 1999 at 08:24:47AM -0600, Gordon Matzigkeit wrote:

>  KON> Meta-question: Is it okay to post such feature requests here, or
>  KON> should I submit wishlist-priority bugs instead?
>
> [For others: Kalle is asking about the Debian Bug Tracking System
> (aka. BTS, http://www.debian.org/Bugs/).]
>
> Submitting bugs to the BTS is a good way of doing things.  Such
> requests will reach the core Hurd developers directly.  Until all of
> them learn how to use it, Marcus and I will probably be the ones
> dealing directly with the BTS, but at least it's a more formal
> procedure than sending a message to debian-hurd.

Wholeheartedly agreed. Now that the packages point to bug-hurd, we should
definitely use the bTS. This also ensures that the report does not get lost
in the Realm of Chaos. But I would like people to think a minute before
reporting unimplemented features, which would only clutter up the BTS and
make it hard to maintain the bug reports. OTOH, a bug report is easily
closed or downgraded to severity wishlist, so a bug report too much is
better then a bug report never send in.

Gordon, in /usr/doc/debian are guidelines how to use the BTS froma
maintainers point of view. Please make these available to the core hurd
developers, so they can do something about the reports. If you have
questions, you know how to reach me :)