Installation experiences

I installed Debian GNU/Hurd today.  Here are my comments on
various things.  If you reply to just one of them, please change
the subject.

The comments in the cross-install script were unclear about which
perl packages are needed.  I then decided to download just
perl-base, since it was so much smaller.  Apparently this was the
wrong choice, as install-info needed ENOENT from POSIX.pm which
was not included.  I was able to hack around that, but couldn't
POSIX.pm be moved to perl-base?

GNUmach crashes on boot if I reboot the computer without pressing
Reset.  Everything goes well until it should detect the network
card (an ISA NE2000 clone), then it just stops.  The GNUmach
image from the gnu-0.2 binary does this too.  Linux doesn't.

The ext2fs server was unable to mount my 3-gigabyte GNU/Linux
partition.  What is the maximum size and will this be fixed?

Because of BIOS problems with the 4.3GB IDE disk, I have a
separate partition for /boot.  In it, I have subdirectories grub/
and linux/ for GRUB files and Linux images.  It would be nice if
Hurd's /boot/gnumach and /boot/serverboot were moved to
/boot/hurd/.  /boot/servers.boot could be in /etc/.

The /info/dir file installed by base-files.postinst refers to
"Debian Linux".

I was rather surprised when I saw Hurd actually use EIEIO and
EGRATUITOUS.  Could someone explain those errors to me, for the sake
of libc.fi.po?