Re: runlevels

 >> It all comes down to the fact that a working Hurd configuration
 >> should only need /boot/servers.boot, and a bunch of passive
 >> translators.  Everything more active than that (such as starting
 >> inetd, or the gettys) can be done quite easily from /libexec/rc.

 MB> Okay. I see now. Still, what about higher level services like
 MB> apache?

Those can all be handled either through sysvinit being called from
/libexec/rc, or else Thomas's new system (which is not yet
implemented, but as he mentioned, it will have fewer arbitrary limits
than sysvinit, and support runlevels that depend on one another).

--
 Gordon Matzigkeit <gord@fig.org>  //\ I'm a FIG (http://www.fig.org/)
Committed to freedom and diversity \// I use GNU (http://www.gnu.org/)