Re: last call for GRUB maintainership

 EB> OK.  You clearly need turnaround time, and my schedule has been
 EB> coopted by other things that aren't worth going into here.

I realize that you're busy, and I don't want to be too hard on you
here.  But yes, you state it accurately: I need rapid turnaround time.

 EB> The main reasons I'm still interested, to be honest, is in:
[next generation OS support, intuitive UI and scripting]

Those are goals I agree with, and we could have some good discussion
about them.  Perhaps a GRUB mailing list would be in order?  I can
arrange that on the GNU machines in the near future.

 EB> I've always felt that someone could go ahead and do what they
 EB> want to it and make their own thing.

 EB> If you want to go your separate way or want faster development,
 EB> feel free.

Okay, thanks.  After my nap today, I realized that I didn't mention
the most attractive possibility: putting GRUB under group
maintainership, and leaving open the possibility of you becoming a
member of that group, if it appeals to you.

So, I'll be putting my latest GRUB sources up on the GNU anoncvs
server.  Then I'll be making a GNU grub-0.5.1 release (distinguished
from regular GRUB) based on those sources.  If you start doing work on
the code again, and want checkin privileges, just ask me, and I'll
arrange for you to get a GNU account.

Anyway, I wish you well with your other priorities,

--
 Gordon Matzigkeit <gord@fig.org>  //\ I'm a FIG (http://www.fig.org/)
Committed to freedom and diversity \// I use GNU (http://www.gnu.org/)