Re: Hurd Network?

> Hello all .. ive been exploring my hurd system for a couple of hours now
> :)
> i wanted to know if anyone successfully has gotten this thing on the net
> ..
> i have a local lan so its not a problem .. im just not sure how to check
> the network or where to start... im still in single user mode and i have
> no clue how to create a /etc/fstab .. im so used to those purty dialog
> progs for linux :( .. anyways if anyone can point me to a Hurd-Network
> HOWTO of some sort i would be happy. thanks

You need to settrans /server/socket/2 . For this any other such worries
see http://pick.sel.cam.ac.uk/~mcv21/hurd.html , which covers
installation. I've attached a standard /etc/fstab (from my system ;) ),
which you could adapt as appropriate.

Marcus et al - /etc/fstab is not owned by any debian package, so doesn't
get installed if people cross-install .debs . I had removed this section
from the Idiot's guide, but wonder whether I should put it back....?

Matthew

--
Elen sila lumenn' omentielvo

Selwyn College Computer Support